We are a movement of concerned Delaware citizens who have come to together to air and address our shared grievances about some of the economic and political realities ordinary folks are facing. Our movement is in solidarity with the other Occupy movements around the US and the world, and through it we hope to begin discussions and bring about change that will address the problems and issues facing the 99%.
Occupy Delaware is a diverse group of individuals and includes members from all walks of life, ages, income brackets, political views, backgrounds and experiences, but there are some common concerns found among its members, including:
- The undue influence corporations have over the political process.
- The top wealthiest Americans do not pay their fair share and that the tax burden is unfairly distributed.
- That our political discussions and actions in this country are divisive and do not actually address the real concerns and problems of citizens.
- That we must bring about economic justice through tax reform and regulation of the banks and the markets.
- The current condition of the unemployed and the underemployed is unacceptable.
- There is a healthcare crisis that still has not been addressed.
- That we have seen an end to the American Dream. *
If any one of these is a concern you share, or if you have concerns that you would like to discuss, please join us and support Occupy Delaware. We want to begin the discussion about how WE THE PEOPLE can make real and positive changes.
* Please note: these are not an official list of demands, just a compilation of some of the issues that have discussed by individuals and committees involved in the Occupy Delaware movement.